Wednesday 26 October 2011

The "tell-tale" heart

I'm off on an adventure in just a few short hours, and I cannot sleep, because my heart beat is keeping me awake! Of all the things to keep me awake; something as steady and usually unnoticed as the lub-Dub of my heart. I'm really enjoying the circulatory system at the moment. Valves. I'm hearing valves within me shutting! It gives new meaning to "as one door closes another one opens". To think that such a truth is within us, and that our own moving forward requires this opening and closing of doors!

I have a grand adventure planned! And I'm trusting God with my plans and even with how He may tweak them. "Rejoice, young (wo)man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young (wo)manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes. Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things. So, remove grief and anger from your heart and put away pain from your body, because childhood and the prime of life are fleeting.
...fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. " Ecc. 11:9-10, 12, 13

God is good my friends! I am going out in faith, knowing that He is faithful and He is trustworthy. He will keep me safe, and lead the way, and He always blesses abundantly. Just think of all the heartbeats He has already given!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! I really appreciate this truth - and that it is so evident throughout our lives: His faithfulness in providing, in leading, in being with us every moment.

    I love you Kirsten! Praying with you for a marvelous time & a stunning new revelation of who God is, every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete