Saturday 15 October 2011

discovery

I am reclaiming my room. I think it is an universal truth that when you leave, your room becomes something else. A guest room, a storage space, a catch all... in some cases all three. So as I go through throwing out all manner of things and wondering what it is that makes us save useless stuff, I found some of my old notes, which in which I just happened to have been brainstorming on paper the pros and cons of whether or not to go to Stettler. It's neat to look at the concerns I had then and how God provided for those concerns over and above what I would have expected... God is good!
The things on my list are somewhat silly and I'm slightly embarrassed to share, but I will anyway.

Feb 2009
Why do I want to make this move?
-for the change
-to be independent
-to have an adventure
-to meet new people
-to not be pining
-to get experience
-to make money
-to live in a small community
-to become a good generalist
-to see Western Canada
-to learn how to curl
-to take better care of my health
-to get away from media (watch less tv)
-to possibly meet a man (as in, my man)
-to grow in my faith
-to learn how to be still
-to accumulate stories
-because it's not the easy thing
-because I want to leave

Of the things on this list, I think the most important were accomplished. Isn't that funny? I didn't, of course, meet my husband but who knows where my next adventures will take me? I did learn how to curl though, and I can assure you that it was a short lived endeavor. I do not like curling.

So then, what's next? Time for a new plan, a new list of goals. Hope for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. dear Kirsten,

    thank you for sharing our God's faithfulness!

    http://youtu.be/AIYAYhtNM4s

    ReplyDelete