Thursday 25 February 2016

On being barren

Tonight, I was over at a friends' house. A home where I have been made part of the family, whom I love so much.
As I was sitting and chatting with my friend on her couch, her three girls were up in their room, talking and arguing as sisters tend to do; we overheard the following exchange.
The eldest was tormenting her middle sister, as older sisters know how to do so so well, ( I remember doing similar things to my own sister) with reasonable truth, which was that they are sisters.
The older was calling the younger "sis", which the younger, who was tired and somewhat past reason, was protesting. In the midst of her trying to reason her sister into accepting that they were in fact sisters the following was said:
" But we are sisters. We have the same mom, and the same dad, and the same Kirsten. See, you are my sister! "
Undisputable, lovely, heart warming logic. I am their Kirsten!
Galatians 4:27
For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labour pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband."
This may be out of context, but this rings true in my heart tonight.
God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment