Saturday 22 March 2014

dancing

Oh, what place is this!
This place of freedom -
of sunlight on bare arms...
of stretch and bend, quick jumps and slow turns.

I love to dance.
Movement, under my control,
or led.

Weight transfers,
and balance,
breath and bend and stretch.

To dance is such a gift!

Today, as I moved -
stumbling yet graceful
across the kitchen floor,
I was content.

Sun streaming in,
pondering as I let my body move me
towards an understanding.

Sustained dancing requires more training,
more effort, and practice.

It requires strength,
yet flexibility,
dynamic balance
and graceful stillness.

Like an adventure, this dance,
this life, that I have been given requires strength -
to sustain the ongoing forward movement;
flexibility - to limit not the movement I so love; and
balance as I am propelled, in directions I do not always know.

Effort, but how worthwhile to be part of the dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment