Thursday 5 September 2013

vague prompts


I'm supposed to write a blog, but the notes I wrote to myself are:
"blog-cat-weddings-life-life-rubik cube"
I have no idea what that was about. I think there was supposed to be something about grace in there? Maybe about how sometimes cats and weddings and life give you ideas that seem obvious to blog about, but are a little too vague as prompts after the fact? That reminds me of the few times I've woken up from a dream that I really wanted to remember so have made notes on what ever piece of scrap paper was by my bed, only to find some incomprehensible scribble in the morning. Isn't it sad how sometimes we forget our best ideas?

Ok, here's what I probably wanted to tell you.

A) I got a cat. Well he's a kitten actually. His name is Mr. Wickham and I defy anybody to produce such a son-in-law. Also, when he's scared, instead of all his fur puffing up, just the hair over his spine puffs up- so that that he has a mohawk!

B) Sometimes we want weddings/life to be beautiful superficially; everything going exactly according to our plan. However, where then would there be room for grace? There is freedom and joy and treasure in allowing for unexpected blessings, for others being able to serve in love, and to be a part of the moments being formed, to have purpose and not just spectator seats in the midst of the memories being created.  Cherish the room God has given us and others to love each other in our imperfections.

C) Rubik cube situations in life are those instances that you try to figure out, arrange as neatly as you can, sort, and plan, and manipulate carefully to get everything lined up perfectly. Sometimes as intent as you are, you just can't make the colours line up. Sometimes, you sort everything out, and someone comes along and rearranges it so that they can solve it for themselves.

Ta-DA!

Also; did you know they operate on lions?




No comments:

Post a Comment