Wednesday 28 August 2013

Re-Reading

I have been attempting, these last 8 months, to read the bible through. Reading the Old Testament was an accomplishment, as one might suspect. I did not expect though that I would have such trouble reading through the New Testament. There is so much! As slowly as I have been reading, I feel as though I am reading too fast, missing too much, not understanding enough.
Then two nights ago, I was lying in bed, reading (I'm finally in Mark!) too quickly because I wanted to go to shut my eyes and go to sleep and Mark 7:37 happened.
People were overwhelmed with amazement. "He has done everything well," they said. "He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak."
I didn't retain very much of what I read that night, but that realization held me. "Yes!"my soul said, " You DO do ALL things WELL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment