Friday 6 April 2012

When three days seems like a long time...

My Jesus,
How long those three days must have seemed to Your friends.
How awful and how empty.
Thank You that as we remember Your sacrifice, we have the benefit of knowing the outcome, of knowing Your victory. That we are not lost and confused and helpless.
We are not bereft, but reassured of Your power and Your majesty and Your glory.
Waiting can be a dark place Jesus. It is not so easy, as You know.
Thank You that You carry us as we wait on You.
Thank You that our hope is not here, but in You and in Your kingdom.
My soul is waiting on You, though it is hard, because my hope rests in You.
You are my salvation, You are my Rock of Strength, You are my refuge.
Thank You, Oh my God, that I can pour out my heart to You, that You hear my prayers and even when I do not see it, You are answering them.
Be with Your friends, be with those who are waiting on You.
Help us Lord to wait well, and bring You honor and glory.
Power and lovingkindness are Yours my God and my King.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done.
I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment