Thursday 10 November 2011

it's a long way!

Oct 26th to Oct 28th
I will spare you the long and boring details of the process of getting to Australia. It takes a long time and involves lots of sitting and waiting in airports or sitting and waiting on planes. I'm sorry to report that I don't even remember any of my seat mates, which is a bit uninspiring.

Oct 28th
Arrive in Perth, get dropped off at the YMCA hostel around 7 pm, stay up for a bit, figure it's late enough, sleep a solid 8 hours until 4am.

Oct 29th
Perth, from what I could get to of Kings' Park.
Give up on sleep, western Australia doesn't do daylight savings so the sun is up early! Stroll through the quiet morning streets, awash with security for CHOGM and the Queens visit. Discover that the ferries are not running, but that the trains are all free (thank you, your Majesty!) and head to Fremantle for a great little breakfast in a small cafe, the Saturday markets and some general sightseeing. Back to Perth to visit Kings Park, an unsatisfactory visit due to my lack of direction and the thwarting of my plans by more CHOGM security. Therefore, the only sensible thing to do; find a grocery store, and create an affordable evening meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment