Monday 13 February 2012

waiting for the wrong wedding

There are details that I have stored away... just in case I might need them in a hurry, like a passport for a quick getaway. The dress has capped sleeves and is covered with lace, the bouquet is of sunflowers (even though I've heard you have to be careful that they don't stain), dancing to "caravan" by Rachel Portman, and a dance floor lighted with those little white Christmas lights. I don't have the groom yet, but I'm waiting hopefully and expectantly.

I know it's just a day, but all the same, I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes more than I probably should,
but I like the idea of my wedding. The beauty and meaning of the ceremony, the celebration with friends and family, the decorations, the prettiness, the dancing... and me being married.

I know, I know. There's more to marriage than the wedding.

And in any case, the wedding I should be waiting for is coming at an unknown date and time. Sometimes its hard to wait for a wedding you can't plan for, but I know it's the wedding that's worth the  wait.

My hope is in You LORD.

1 comment:

  1. hey hon, I can relate! it's hard waiting, especially when we can't see the future & anticipate a particular end to a season.

    this verse popped out to me just now:

    But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.

    Psalm 33:18-19

    Our hope in the Lord is never wasted, never.

    You are a great catch, Kirstenski, and whoever this young man is that God's preparing and shaping to be your life-mate / companion is going to be SO blessed that you waited for him!!

    Love you!
    http://youtu.be/xQWDz6slq_k

    ReplyDelete