Friday 30 September 2011

more than time

A day like this spans more than 24 hours. Today seems to have taken so much more than time. This day began early, and had its' share of frustration and heartache. But it was also a day filled with sweetness. The sweetness of friendships and moments well spent, of service that I know came not from boredom or necessity but of love. A day of jokes and laughter, tears and hugs, of promises and future plans.

I have been so blessed!  Though today stretches past mere time spanning the end of how things were and the beginning of where tomorrow will take me; it is a journey well worth taking into hopes, plans, and a faithful leap toward the unknown. It has been a long and lovely day.

Today I left chunks of my heart in central Alberta. Community and friendships that I never expected, springing seemingly from nowhere and bringing joy and sustenance to my heart. Love is tricky, because it opens you up to hurt, pain, and sorrow. However even the hurt of leaving is worthwhile for the joy of loving and being loved.

Leaving is difficult, because once again things have changed and they can never be the same again. But I have gained so much more than I have lost.

Thank you to each of you who made the decision to change course so difficult. The difficulty lies not in what lies ahead, but in what must be left behind to go forward. I look forward to the day we meet again, especially the day that holds no more goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment