Saturday 20 August 2011

my world is a tilting place

In a not so distant past, I was fairly happily situated in a small town; until I decided it was time to move along. It doesn't take long for the world to shift. And things are much less stable than you might imagine...

So here I am, six weeks from the end of my job, the end of living in this lovely little basement apartment, the end of the routine that I so painstakingly constructed. Nothing has changed yet, but everything seems dearer, lovelier, and I am appreciating more the things I hardly noticed before, because I must leave them. Impending endings have a way of forcing us to see the good in what we have, because we know neither the good nor the bad of what will come next. Life is certainly an adventure.

Recently on an adventure, a friend and I found ourselves at Discovery Wildlife Park, where there are bears that have acted in movies and shows and commercials. They did their tricks for us and if we wanted we could have had our pictures taken with them. They also had big cats however, the lion enclosure was empty. I don't know where the lions were. Hopefully on a safari adventure of their own.

Once while staying with a couple, my friend (the wife) had been having a ridiculously bad day, and her husband (also my friend) turned from the tv and mocking something he had just seen said "Did you know they operate on lions?" It made her laugh, it made us both laugh. And was one of those sweet moments that somehow, though fairly inconsequential, did not get lost or forgotten in memory but remains a way to lighten the mood of gray days between us three.

So while the world tilts, as it must through its axis, I am holding to the sweet moments and sharing them with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment